It’s burger season! Together with my mom, we created this delicious, hearty, veggie burger recipe. With a base containing oats, chic peas and sunflower seeds, this vurger recipe is packed with protein, fibre and antioxidants. In addition, these burgers offer a tasty, filling meal and let’s face it, nothing beats homemade food! Even my meat-eating dad enjoys these vurgers.
3 tbsp. ground flax-seed
¾ C rolled oats (in food processor)
2 C chic peas (drained & rinsed)
1 chopped onion
2 grated carrots
1/3 C sunflower seeds
½ C bread crumbs
2 cloves of garlic, minced
½ tbsp. grapeseed oil
¼ chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp. tamari
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
sea salt & ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat over to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix flax-seed with 1/3 C warm water and let sit for 10 mins.
3. Pulse oats in food processor until fine and place in a large bowl.
4. Process chic peas in food processor until desired texture. Add to bowl of oats and add flax-seed mixture & remaining ingredients.
5. Form into 10 patties, ½” thick.
6. Bake for 15 mins, flip and bake for another 20 mins.