Today I am featuring a guest post from someone I am continually inspired by:
Alison reveals her recipe for Flea-Be-Gone dog treats! Not only do I look forward to making some for our two dogs but they would also make a great gift for any dog lover! Thanks for sharing Alison.
In lieu of the concern regarding dog treats from China and also because flea season is upon us I thought I would share an all natural dog treat recipe. Flea-Be-Gone dog treats only have five ingredients and with the addition of Debittered Brewers Yeast it works as a flea buster for our furry friends.
Flea-Be-Gone Dog Treats
2 cups organic whole wheat flour
2/3 cup debittered brewers yeast*
1/3 cup organic natural smooth peanut butter
1 tbsp organic blackstrap molasses
1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients in a medium size bowl, dough will be sticky.
3. Put dough on floured surface and flatten with palm of hand to ¼ inch.
4. Cut out with dog bone cookie cutter and place close together on parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake 20 – 25 minutes, turn off oven and leave treats in there for a couple of hours or overnight.
You can store sealed at room temperature; however because there are no preservatives, I prefer to store them in a cookie tin in my fridge. They can also be frozen.
*Debittered Brewers Yeast – great source of B vitamins including biotin, trace minerals such as zinc, proteins and amino acids. These help in keeping your dogs’ skin healthier, coat shinier and strengthens their immune systems. It is a common natural remedy for fleas as it contains sulphur compounds that make your dog less palatable to fleas.